Represent Your Collective Group
You and/or your organization or Tribe can be a member of Uniting Three Fires Against Violence! Our membership represents a collective group of tribal governments, tribal domestic and sexual violence advocacy programs, and individuals (community members, individual professionals, etc.).
- An individual member must be committed to the purpose and goals and adhere to the Mission and Philosophy Statement of Uniting Three Fires Against Violence.
- Members must be concerned about the issues of abuse in their communities.
- Individual members do have voting rights.
- Provide comprehensive services to Native victims of crime.
- Operate their principal place of business within the state of Michigan or Tribal unit of government.
- Adhere to the Mission and Philosophy Statement of Uniting Three Fires Against Violence.
- Organizational members have voting rights.
Tribal Government Membership
- Adhere to the Mission and Philosophy Statements of Uniting Three Fires Against Violence.
- Tribal Government memberships do not have voting rights.
- Adhere to the Mission and Philosophy Statements of Uniting Three Fires Against Violence
- Spirit memberships do have voting rights.
Benefits to being a member include:
Updates on program development, trainings, educational events, funding opportunities, and policy and legislative changes.
Each individual and organizational member has voting rights in the UTFAV Board of Director’s Elections.
Guaranteed scholarships to allotted spots at our training and events. Tribes and/or Tribal programs with paid memberships will be eligible to receive travel scholarships to attend our training events and conferences. In cases where funding is limited, those Tribes and/or Tribal programs who do not have membership with UTFAV, may not receive a travel scholarship.
Our membership is invited each year to attend our annual meeting where we share our events from the previous fiscal year and our events for the upcoming fiscal year.
Membership fees (annual dues)
Tribal Government Membership: $100.00
Tribal DV/SA Advocacy Program Membership: $50.00
Individual Membership: $20.00
Spirit Membership: $0.00 or by donation